Monday, March 5, 2012

Windows 8 Consumer Preview - Day 1

Well, I have installed my basic software:

  • Office 2010
    • SP1 won't install at this stage for some reason.....
  • Palemoon browser (think Firefox - Windows optimised)
  • Nero 11 burning
  • VLC for media
  • Desktop Fusion
  • Lightroom 3
  • Avast Internet Security
  • AnyDVD HD
  • Virtual CloneDrive
  • TortoiseSVN
  • Visual Studio 11 Beta
  • Resharper 7 Early Preview (for VS11)
Overall, this release is much more coherant than the developer preview. I am slowly getting over the missing orb as the new start screen supports typing for the program you wish to run.

Next up will be Photoshop CS 5 and all my plugins and I should have everything that I use daily to continue my daily run of this release.

 There are some UI issues with some programs having artifacts in the chrome and some of my internal SATA drives being detected as removable and just disappearing!

These are minor issues at this stage and I am happy to progress forward with this release

No comments: